Investment Advisor & Asset Manager
Carole Brill, CCIM, owner and broker of record has been RM&D’s guiding force since 2016, performing as an inspirational leader with high expectations of herself and the RM&D team. She’s committed to forming long-term winning client advisor relationships as an accessible, accountable, and accomplished NV real estate broker and asset manager who impeccably manages RM&D clients’ investments, as though they were her very own.
When founder Jeff Kirby added Carole, a respected Commercial Real Estate (CRE) senior executive leader in the competitive Northern Nevada and Southern California markets, RM&D gained stature. She joined RM&D with full property management and brokerage responsibilities for several of Jeff’s diverse assets. Carole met all expectations and proved she is exceptionally qualified to lead RM&D as managing director, owner, and broker.
Highlights of Carole’s successes at RM&D include:
- Serving as the broker of record for all purchases and sales of investor portfolios, and ensuring integrity of all transactions, completing $20M in transactional revenue earned by managing, leasing and selling the portfolios as required
- Together she and Jeff created the investment group that purchased 1 East Liberty Street, Reno, NV, a downtown Class A office high-rise
- Leasing 1 East Liberty Street to 100% capacity and solely managing the asset
- Growing the RM&D property and investment management functions to currently represent a large national investor base. Carole’s past property management experience includes an annual lease value of over $7.5M and 95 tenants while managing an institutional portfolio
- Acting as key point of influence who manages commercial properties, ensuring trusted tenant relationships and owning accountability for building operations, infrastructure, sustainability, security and safety for all occupants
Carole’s Commercial Property Career 2003-2016
In 2003, Carole began her commercial real estate career specializing in the industrial market. Upon mastering that CRE sector, she acquired additional commercial skills by completing office leasing and sale transactions, multi-tenant investments, and land sale transactions conducted throughout Northern Nevada.
From 2013-2016, Carole significantly advanced her commercial property management knowledge as a senior property manager at Southern California’s Voit Real Estate Services. She gained extensive expertise in commercial property management while directing the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company (NMLIC) industrial portfolio. She successfully managed 95 tenants in 2.1 million square feet valued at over $44M.
Carole is a licensed Nevada real estate broker with “gold standard” credentials: she’s a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) and is currently pursuing her Certified Property Manager (CPM) credentials with Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). In 2018-2019, she served as president of the Northern Nevada CCIM chapter. Carole serves on the Builders Association of Northern Nevada (BANN) Charity Board and is a representative on the CCIM National Networking Committee.
Property Management Finance & Research
With years of professional experience under her belt in fast-paced environments that demanded strong organizational and interpersonal skills, Lorin is your “go to” RM&D team member for property management, with a research focus.
Lorin applies her keen skills in financing, accounting and credit risk assessment to commercial property management; sales and business development; and market analysis.
Lorin’s Career Highlights Include:
- Established and staffed the real estate sales division for Phelps Dodge Mining Company, a subsidiary of the Fortune 500 Phelps Dodge, which successfully sold two 20-year old housing projects in a year
- Re-organized the Underwriting and Funding departments of Town & Country Credit to improve productivity levels with dramatic cost savings
- Authored credit policy and underwriting procedure(s) for New Century Mortgage, one of the largest US residential mortgage providers, and supported $220M in quality monthly loan production
- Contributing member of a corporate committee to that developed automated underwriting practices now commonly used by all companies to expedite loan underwriting
- Managed compliance with industry regulations and company best practices for mortgage companies TCC and New Century financial
Membership Affiliations & Community Volunteer Activities
- Truckee Tahoe Chamber of Commerce, ambassador
- Professional Saleswomen of Nevada, past president
- NV Humane Society, Member Board of Directors, past volunteer, current contributor
Trustworthy, ethical and discreet, Lorin is committed to providing superior client service. She is confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels, and is detail oriented and resourceful in completing projects. Lorin is an unequaled effective multitasker.
California Based. Nevada Focused.
Ryan brings the two-state advantage to RM&D: California to Nevada. His keen interest in Northern Nevada ensures current/potential clients interested in moving to Nevada make a seamless transition — whether corporate or personal. His knowledge of both markets is synergistic, making him invaluable to corporations, organizations and individuals looking to make the move to Nevada.
Ryan has over 17 years of experience gained in successfully performing all manner of real estate and investment transactions, including: commercial listings, leases, sales; residential listings and sales; investment properties; and, 1031 exchanges.
He is ethically driven to deliver outstanding customer service that has gained him a solid network of repeat clients who trust him to exceed their expectations in transactions of every size. By actively applying his next-level marketing abilities and strong negotiation skills, he ensures his clients benefit from the best possible outcomes. His marketing plan of action allows for a fast sale, an easy hassle-free transaction, and his negotiation skills equal more money for his client’s bottom line.
Ryan is licensed to sell real estate in Nevada and California; and he’s connected to multiple networks of highly trained real estate agents in North America and around the world.
A proud Bay Area native, he graduated from Menlo College, Santa Clara with a bachelors degree in Marketing.
Membership Affiliations & Community Volunteer Activities
He gives back to his community by serving on the Professional Standards Committee for the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors (SCCAOR) as an advocate for consumer and professional disputes; and, also serves as a Director with the California Association of Realtors (CAR). Ryan is a member of the California and National Association of Realtors, Commercial Brokers Association, and is a member of Northern Nevada Chapter of CCIM.
Commercial Property Sales & Leasing Specialist
Heather brings a wealth of commercial property leasing and sales experience to RM&D gained in over 10 years of increasingly responsible commercial real estate (CRE) duties. Heather communicates and interfaces with industry clients across the CRE spectrum.
With her focus on noting and analyzing trends in all sectors of the Northern Nevada commercial property market, her sales and leasing skills are invaluable to RM&D clients.
She grew her career and acumen by holding increasingly responsible positions that honed her professional skills across the CRE industry. Upon obtaining her Nevada real estate license in 2018, she specialized in the Industrial sector, completing sales and leasing transactions with success across the board.
Commercial Real Estate for Woman (CREW), 2020 Board Member, member since 2015
She is a native Nevadan raised in Winnemucca and Lovelock. She attended the University of Nevada, Reno and Truckee Meadows Community College before moving in to work in Southern California.
Missing the Reno area and family ties drew her back to Nevada in 2014; and she’s since been invested on building her career in Northern Nevada commercial real estate. She currently lives in the diverse Midtown Reno District with her husband and nephew. The family enjoys a variety of recreational and cultural activities offered in the region.
Identifying Investment Success
Founder Jeff Kirby’s commitment to investing in, improving and enhancing the downtown center of Reno, NV as well as the healthy and sustainable growth of Northern Nevada — is his prime focus.
Jeff has an unrivaled knack for bringing investors to the table and achieving expected returns by skillfully and carefully identifying investment opportunities in commercial real estate, development diversification, and master-planned communities.
Jeff’s 25 years of experience, comprehensive professional history and long-term relationships increase his ability to facilitate successful collaborations and solutions that ensure sound, financially feasible and profitable commercial investment opportunities for our clients.
His career highlights include:
- Reaching $1B in every conceivable vertical of the real estate discipline through industry activity in Nevada and all the western states
- Engaging in the development and management of over 20,000 residential lots in the Northern Nevada area as well as development leasing and management of over 800,000 square feet of office space in the Reno market
- Consulting on investment and pension fund matters for several prominent trusts and funds
- Creating and managing joint venture partnership business arrangements and involvement in funding and capital generation for private and publicly traded companies
- Co-founding North Valley Holdings, the single largest producer of new water rights to municipal markets in Nevada and Northern California.
Jeff is a long-time Nevada resident. He’s an accomplished aviator who holds a Commercial Rotorcraft Airman Certificate, as well as fixed-wing privileges.